Saturday, May 10, 2014

Biscuits and Gravy

Today we went to the Jeffersonton community breakfast, which is held at the Jeffersonton Community Center- which doubles as a post office. It's a small town, okay? But it's literally so precious. And I have two words for you:

BISCUITS AND GRAVY.

McDonald's biscuits and gravy aint got nothing on Virginia. Its so gross that I even know that.

Guys I have pictures!!!

Two side notes: last night we went shooting. I didnt shoot the gun because I'm a whimp. But I promise I will before I leave. And we had ice cream for dinner last night. My kinda life here.

Okay picture time!!

This is a farm kitchen
This is a farm rug

These are farm chickens. They actually don't respect my personal bubble at all. I'm like, can you back up like half a step?

This is the farm dog. She's the best. I'm kind of in love.
 Tulips ready for market!

 This is Lily of the Valley. Super pretty. Super small.
 Okay I love Ranunculus.
 One of the bouquets Jen made! So beautiful!
 Here it is again!
 We made little bundles of Poppies today! Super cute. Im talking about my hand, not the flowers.

Ranunculus up close and personal

(Pretty sure a bug just landed on my head gaaaaahhhhhhkfhdkalfhdlka)

These are more pretty Poppies that we picked perfectly periodically throughout the past couple days. Oh gawd I'm annoying.


THIS is Viburnum. It's okay, I thought they were Hydrangeas too. Similar but not quite the same! Both fluffy white puff balls, so both high up there on my list :)

(I have to pee but I'm too scared to get out of bed so I'll take the bladder infection thanks)

We'll end with the last of this season's Lilac because I LOVE Lilac and tomorrow is mothers day and Lilac always makes me think of my mom. She had a Lilac bush by our old house and that smell always brings me back to the good old days. 

Tomorrow we get up early (5:30am) for market in Washington D.C. I've never been before so I'm pretty excited!!!

Happy Mother's Day!

6 comments:

  1. You are making me love flowers like how are you doing this? I'm a flower fanatic now. It's all I pin and have as my phone background. Look what you've done. Your pictures are wonderful like seriously

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Jared!!!!!! That makes me so happy. I would make you a bouquet right now if I could give it to you before it died lol burgpo love

      Delete
  2. I kept waiting for pictures of biscuits and gravy lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I didn't take pictures because it never looks as good as it tastes lol

      Delete
  3. You're pictures on here and Facebook are absolutely gorgeous! I drool over the photos of all those flowers! In love!
    Keep blogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! As you can see, Ive had a hard time keeping up with the blogging but I'm getting back into it now! :)

      Delete